Many store bought natural insect repellents are full of toxic ingredients, some are which are even carcinogenic. By making your own natural insect repellent you are saving yours and your family’s health by ensuring only the best ingredients are used including a specific blend of essential oils that will combat many of those pesky insects that seek you out when the weather warms up.
- 200ml (8oz) Lavender floral water
- 100ml (4oz) Witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon Glycerin
- 50 drops Citronella essential oil
- 20 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 30 drops Lavender essential oil
- 30 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 20 drops Thyme essential oil
- Add the first three ingredients to a clean 350ml pump dispenser bottle.
- Add the drops of essential oils one at a time then shake well to mix it all together.
- Label the bottle including the date. Use within 6 months.
- To use this natural insect repellent, first shake the bottle well before each use then spray onto exposed skin and reapply as necessary.
You can find some more suggestions for combatting insects here.
Leave a Reply