Homemade potpourris are so much nicer than the shop-bought versions. They are more natural and don’t contain any chemical or synthetic ingredients and the aroma of the natural essential oils is much more pleasant and long-lasting.
This recipe makes an excellent aromatherapy gift but it’s also nice to keep for yourself. Or why not double the recipe and keep one and give one away?
- 2 cups dried golden mushrooms
- 1 cup star anise
- 1 cup dried wood shavings
- 1 cup dried orange peel
- ½ cup juniper berries
- ¼ cup coriander seeds
- 1 cup walnut shells
- 2 tablespoons orris root powder
- 8 drops coriander essential oil
- 8 drops juniper essential oil
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- Place all the dried ingredients along with the orris root powder into a clean polythene bag and gently shake to mix.
- Add the drops of essential oils, gently shake again to mix then seal the bag tightly and leave it to sit for 2 weeks to cure.
- Shake the bag again after 2 weeks then pour all the ingredients into a pretty gift basket, bowl or box.
- If you’re giving this as a gift, cover with colored cellophane and wrap with a bow. Attach a gift card with the name, key ingredients and the essential oil mix.
Leave a Reply