This wonderful softening lip balm will protect as well as soften the sensitive skin on your lips. I have chosen to add Spearmint essential oil for it delicious flavor and also for it’s antiseptic and healing properties. If you wish to experiment with other essential oils I suggest trying Lime, Mandarin, Orange, or Peppermint.
- 2 teaspoons beeswax (grated)
- 1 teaspoon shea butter
- 4 tablespoons apricot oil
- 1 teaspoon carrot infused oil
- 6 drops Spearmint
- Add the beeswax, shea butter and apricot oil to a glass pyrex jug. Sit this jug in a fry pan of simmering water and melt ingredients together.
- Once they have all melted together add the carrot infused oil and mix well.
- Once the mixture starts to cool, stir in the Spearmint oil.
- Pour into small sterilized glass jars.
- Cover tightly and label the product, including the date.
Back to more Natural skin care recipes