This rich rosebud moisturizer is a beautiful, nourishing cream for mature skin and skin that has become dry and damaged from the elements such as the sun and wind.
- 1 tablespoon beeswax (grated)
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- ¼ cup apricot kernel oil
- 1 teaspoon rosehip oil
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 8 drops Rose
- Add the beeswax, jojoba and apricot kernel oils to a glass pyrex jug. Sit this jug in a fry pan of simmering water and melt ingredients together.
- Meanwhile add the rosewater to another pyrex jug and sit this in the fry pan of simmering water also.
- Once the wax and oils have melted together and the water has warmed add the rosehip oil to this and mix well.
- Next, slowly start to add the rosewater to the wax and oils, drop by drop (preferably using a dropper/pipette).
- After you have added about 1 tablespoon of the rosewater into the wax and oil mixture, remove from the heat.
- Continue to add the water slowly, mixing continuously with a small whisk.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken add the rose essential oil and mix in with the whisk.
- Divide the moisturizer into sterilized glass jars.
- Cover tightly and label the product, including the date.
Back to more Natural skin care recipes