Why not treat your Mum this Mother’s Day to this special Mother’s Day hand cream? This recipe will sooth and protect hands and help them to stay soft and youthful looking, combating signs of aging.
The blend used in this hand cream is both relaxing and uplifting therefore is suitable for use during the day or at night before bedtime.
Choose a pretty jar and decorate with a ribbon and colorful label for that extra special touch.
- 5 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 3 tablespoons apricot oil
- 1 tablespoon rosehip oil
- 10 Geranium
- 8 Melissa
- 5 Parsley
- 6 drops Patchouli
- Add the cocoa butter, jojoba oil, beeswax, apricot oil, and rosehip oil to a glass pyrex jug. Sit this jug in a fry pan of simmering water.
- Stir continuously until all the ingredients have melted.
- Remove from the heat and continue to stir for a few minutes.
- Before the mixture starts to thicken add the Geranium, Melissa, Parsley and Patchouli essential oils and stir again for a minute to mix.
- Pour the mixture into either one large or several small wide-mouthed sterilized glass jars.
- Cover tightly and label the product, including the date.
- Leave the mixture to sit overnight.
- Massage into hands at least twice a day.
Back to more Natural skin care recipes