This Eye Tonic is a lovely alternative to use instead of tea bags or slices of cucumber. If you suffer from tired, puffy or sore eyes, make a batch of this calming tonic to keep in the fridge and use whenever your eyes need refreshing.
It’s also great to use before a special night out as it will leave your eyes sparkling and smooth.
- 2 tablespoons Cornflower petals
- 1 cup rosewater
- 1 teaspoon castor oil
- 1 drop Rose oil
- Roughly chop the cornflower petals and add to a saucepan with the rosewater. Gently simmer for 15-20 minutes being careful not to heat too quickly.
- Pour into a clean, sterilized wide-mouthed jar and allow to cool.
- Add the castor oil and rose oil and shake the jar well to combine all the ingredients.
- Soak two clean, fresh cotton wool pads into the tonic then squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Place the pads onto your eyes while lying down and leave on for at least 10 minutes.
- With the remaining tonic, cover the jar tightly, label the product, including the date and store in the fridge for future use.
Back to more Natural skin care recipes