I recently received this recipe for Early Riser Shower Gel which Kay, from Australia submitted to my website. Thanks Kay, great recipe and very good advice.
“My friend and I are nurses and recently had to do clinical practice at a busy regional hospital. It called for a 7am start and we are both night shift workers so I made this shower gel to wake us up and help us to be alert when we were on the job. It was great and we both felt it really worked for us.”
- 250 ml (8oz) shower gel base
- 10 drops geranium essential oil
- 10 drops bergamot essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil
- 6 drops petitgrain essential oil
- 4 drops juniper essential oil
- 2 drops basil essential oil
- Place the shower gel base in a 500ml (16oz) glass container with a pouring spout
- Drop in the essential oils one at a time and mix together well without creating too many bubbles. It will turn from clear to opaque
- Optional: Add a few drops of orange coloring as it is a good color to perk you up in the mornings
- Pour into a pump dispenser bottle and you are ready to go
- This combination of essential oils gives a fresh smell, stimulates the senses and helps you face the day ahead. Worked for us!
- P. S. Don’t use at night as it is counter-productive to a good night sleep!
Back to more Natural skin care recipes