With the daily task of shaving, using a natural aftershave is so much more pleasant and beneficial than commercially bought ones. Not only is it cost effective, but often much more gentle on the skin. The addition of glycerin helps to soften the skin and well as reducing any drying effects the alcohol may have.
Although many of the aromatherapy recipes on this website are suitable for both men and women, men prefer more bolder and spicier essential oils in their blends. You can choose different essential oils for this aftershave than the ones in this recipe, just ensure you stick to the same amounts.
- 3 tablespoons alcohol
- 2 tablespoons distilled water
- 2 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 10 drops Bay oil
- 10 drops Cinnamon oil
- 15 drops Coriander oil
- 20 drops Orange oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of the alcohol to a small glass mixing jug then add to this the essential oil drops and mix well.
- Add the remaining alcohol to another glass mixing jug, along with the distilled water, witch hazel and glycerin and mix well.
- Very slowly, add the essential oil and alcohol mixture to the other mixture, stirring continuously.
- Pour the final mixture into a dark, glass bottle and seal tightly.
- Store in a cool, dark place for 1-2 weeks.
- After 1-2 weeks, filter the mixture through coffee or filter paper then dispense into a clean container.
- To use this aftershave, splash on the face after shaving.
Back to more Natural skin care recipes