Not only is this Natural Laundry Soap much better for the environment than many household cleaning products you’ll find in the supermarkets, it is also easy and inexpensive to make yourself.
- ¼ cup grated soap flakes
- ¼ cup bicarbonate of soda
- 15 cups water
- 18 drops Eucalyptus or Lavender
- Pour 2 cups of the water into a saucepan.
- Stir in the soap flakes and slowly bring to the boil while continuing to stir.
- Once the water starts to boil, reduce to a simmer and keep stirring the mixture until all the soap flakes are dissolved into the water.
- Once dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour this mixture into a large container with the remaining water and mix until well blended.
- Add the essential oils and mix in well.
- To use, add 1 to 2 cups of the mixture depending on the size of your washing load. One cup should be sufficient for a small load, while 2 cups will be required for larger and more soiled loads.
You may need to alternate this natural laundry soap with a commercially bought natural laundry detergent for best results.
Back to more Aromatherapy home recipes