Botanical name: Vetivert Zizanioides
Botanical family: Gramineae
Part of plant used: Grass & roots
Origin: These tall tropical grasses are found in Java, the Far East and India.
Description: Rich, earthy, sweet aroma.
History: Vetivert is known as the ‘Oil of Tranquility’ because of it’s excellent calming action.
Properties and Indications:
- Works deeply on the autonomic nervous system
- Good for anxiety and nervous tension
- Useful for mental and physical exhaustion
- Aching muscles
- Arthritis, rheumatism
- Acts as a tonic to the reproductive system
- Can help insomnia
- Helpful for acne and oil skin conditions
- Can help sensitive people
- Grounding for someone who is out of balance
- Benzoin, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils