Botanical name: Cuminum cyminum
Botanical family: Umbelliferae
Part of plant used: Herb and seeds
Origin: Mediterranean, Egypt and India.
Description: Spicy, strong and pungent aroma
History: Cumin has been highly valued since ancient times and it is mentioned in the Bible.
Properties and Indications:
- Good for the digestion and useful for flatulence and diarrhea
- Could ease heavy periods
- Good for detoxifying the body
- Can help with muscle aches as well as osteoarthritis
- Can assist with fertility problems in men
- Uplifting and stimulating to the mind
- Not to be used in pregnancy
- Avoid using on sensitive skins
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils