Botanical name: Cymbopogon Nardus
Botanical family: Gramineae
Part of plant used: Grass
Origin: Citronella is found in Sri Lanka, Java, Burma, Madagascar and South America.
Description: Sweet lemony smell.
History: Citronella was originally known as Andropogon Nardus.
Properties and Indications:
- Highly antiseptic
- Excellent insect repellant
- Helpful for headaches and migraines
- Stimulating for the whole body and mind
- Balancing for the nervous system
- Can be effective for rheumatic pains and Aching muscles
- Can help ease depression
- Bergamot, Cajuput, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavandin, Lavender, Neroli, Peppermint, Petitgrain, Ylang Ylang.
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils