Search Essential Oil Recipes
Aromatherapy Oils - Birch
Andrew Butko [GFDL 1.3 (www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Botanical name: Betula pendula
Botanical family: Betulaceae
Part of plant used: Tree, Bark and Leaves
Origin: Birch is a large tree originating from Russia, Germany and The Netherlands.
Description: Powerful antiseptic aroma.
Properties and Indications:
- Diuretic - good for cellulite and weight loss
- Can help with kidney problems and acts as a tonic
- Purifying and cleansing to the blood
- Analgesic properties can make it a helpful pain killer
- Sudorific - increases perspiration making it useful to cleanse the system
- Can aid muscular pain including arthritis and rheumatism
- May help with some skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and ulcers
- Uplifting and refreshing to the mind
- Can aid concentration
- Due to being such a powerful oil use sparingly and avoid on sensitive skins.
Back to Aromatherapy Essential Oils